1/17/2010

Review of Kingsley Shave Soap Bowl with Lid

Kingsley Shave Soap Bowl with LidSave your money and don't spring for this piece of garbage. I went for it, and wish I hadn't.

The good:

It's a nice, solid, pretty wood shaving bowl.

The bad: It's not nearly as pretty as shown in the picture- mine was a uniform chocolate brown, rather than the varnished natural wood you see here. Also, it's far too shallow to get any sort of decent foam going, but maybe that's just me. When I try using it, it just spills everywhere. Still, not bad for $5, right? Wrong! It reeked of lacquer when I got it, as if the shellac had not had time to dry before it was packed and shipped. I set it out to cure for a few more days, and after four days the horrid smell was finally (mostly) gone. Sadly, as soon as I put some soap in it and closed the lid, the smell came back. So unless you like shaving with soap that's been marinading in paint fumes, skip on this. It's several months old now, and still stinks up the medicine cabinet.

The ugly:

This is the second review I wrote for this. The first one was negative as well, and then I received an Amazon message asking me to take down my review in exchange for my money back. I told them I wasn't interested, so then I received a private email that Amazon couldn't read suggesting I would get my money back, my shipping back, and could still keep the silly bowl if I took my review down. I said I wasn't about to be bribed, asked them to stop contacting me, and yet somehow my review seems to have vanished!

Also, the shipping was over $6, so about sixty percent of the price of this thing was shipping.

Save your money and get something- anything!- else.



Click Here to see more reviews about: Kingsley Shave Soap Bowl with Lid

No comments:

Post a Comment