2/17/2010

Review of Cortex Ceramic Flat Iron - Black 1''

This product gets the job done well!I have very thick blonde hair that is somewhere between wavy, frizzy, and curly.I use this product every day and haven't had any problems with it.It gets VERY hot - the dial states 392 degrees F.From my experience, the hotter the iron gets the more effective it will be, because it reduces the number of times I have to re-iron each section (therefore keeping the heat exposure minimal). I have tried more expensive salon models and achieved great results - but this straightener has achieved the same results and has lasted longer (I've used it for about a year now). The cheaper irons always made my hair get caught on the edges of the plates and snag - this iron glides over my hair smoothly and straightens effectively.The plates are completely ceramic (not the cheap metal plates with a painted on coat of ceramic that unevenly distribute heat).The ceramic plates also add a nice shine to my hair.This iron works well in combination with glossing products and sheer mist sprays for extra added shine.Product works best if hair is COMPLETELY dry.

To use:
plug in wall outlet, set to desired temperature (highest temp for me).In about 1 minute the iron will be hot enough to use.Close iron around thin section of hair near the scalp and slowly glide down to the ends of your hair while pulling away from head.The thinner the section you use - the sleeker it will look.I have to tie off sections of my hair since it is so thick.Spray on a shine mist before or after ironing sections for extra shine.

Note: This product did not operate on a converter for 220/240 V.It only works when I plug it into a U.S. 110/120 V wall outlet.



Click Here to see more reviews about: Cortex Ceramic Flat Iron - Black 1''

No comments:

Post a Comment